Final Pictures, Final Thoughts

Monday, May 3, 2010

Finally back home.......to Abuja

May 3rd 
Well, we're back home.....to Abuja that is. Another eight hour drive, another overturned tractor trailer truck, or as UU says, "Lorrie". This was a truck delivering beer. I thought "we should have stopped to help"........." Don't worry little bottle, we're only here to help..." "Hope in the boot and we'll drive you to safety." 

 
Uneventful drive but we did stop by UU's moms house again to drop off some things. A picture I took of her with UU we had printed and  got to give it to her. Also we bought some honey in the mountains and gave that as a present to her. For breakfast we had some fried yams and some fried Akara which is ......you'll never guess........made from beans.
 
Imagine a plain munchkin or even a hushpuppy from Tacobell. About as good as the former and better than the latter. When I got back I told Sintiki we should have it with the honey to which she broke out laughing and replied, "that's exactly how we like to eat it!" If you've ever eaten at an Indian restaurant,  it reminds me of a dessert they serve, (sorry for the spelling) Galubjumin. In a menu I once saw, they were described as "honey covered cheeseballs" which is hilarious enough. But what they meant to say was honey covered cheese danish. Tried some tonight while watching that survival show with the former SAS guy named Bear. In case I need to eat some bugs or leaves or something.....jk  
Off to bed now which is like plywood with sheets. (only kidding Utiang, I slept like a baby every night) UU likes his beds extra firm. Only thing missing was my teddybear. 
 So tomorrow we're off to the photo lab to print. Should be interesting. 

Guy 
ps: more road shots tomorrow. Also, my new favorite...Shagga the Elder

1 comment:

Dee Lessard said...

Awesome pictures. I agree...Shagga the Elder is wonderful picture too!